Diana L. Powell, JD
Attorney; Collaborative Divorce Facilitator; Mediator
10375 Park Meadows Drive, Suite 520, Lone Tree, Colorado 80124
Diana Powell has practiced law since 1980, and been active in collaborative practice since 2002. Diana believes a solution only works in any divorce matter if the reasonable needs and interests of all family members are met. Though approximately 10% of her practice entails pro bono, deeply discounted fees, Diana more typically has represented clients with complex financial and personal issues in divorce, drawing on over 20 years of experience as a business and securities lawyer prior to her practice of family law, in which she represented businesses and investors in over 200 mergers, acquisitions, private financing, public financing and debt financing transactions. Diana has a particular interest in assisting military families and families with special needs children.
Diana Powell has served on the Board of Directors of Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals for over 10 years and is a previous President of CCDP. She is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Colorado Judicial Institute and a member of the Board of Directors of the Metropolitan Denver Interdisciplinary Committee. Previously, Diana served on the Colorado Bar Association's Family Law Section Executive Council and as a Vice President and member of the Board of Directors of National Military Family Association.
Diana Powell believes effective and efficient client representation in a collaborative matter requires the entire professional team to work together to inform and empower clients to seek "win-win" solutions that work for both participants and the entire family.
- B.A. History and Political Science, 1973, Cornell College (magna cum laude, with Distinction in History)
- J.D. Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, Berkeley, 1980 (California Law Review)
- Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Colorado Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas (inactive)
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia (inactive)
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Metropolitan Denver Interdisciplinary Association
- Colorado Judicial Institute
- National Military Family Association
- Catholic Lawyers' Guild
- Christian Legal Association
- Colorado Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Phi Beta Kappa.
COLLABORATIVE TRAININGS Taken
- Level One Collaborative Training - September 2002
- Advanced Collaborative Training - September 2009
- Advanced Collaborative Training for Collaborative TeamWork - September 2013
- Advanced Collaborative Training for Collaborative TeamWork- April 2015
- Many additional trainings, including serving as faculty for collaborative trainings.
More than 100 presentations, on the topics of asset valuation in divorce, maintenance in divorce, parenting plans in divorce, business allocation and valuation in divorce, divorce during the business merger, tax issues in divorce, discovery and analysis of assets in divorce, equitable division of assets in divorce, special needs parenting plans, division of pension assets in divorce, discovery and evidence in civil matters, as well as numerous business law and corporate finance topics.
More details are on the firm website at www.griffithslawpc.com.